17 February, 2010

Fall 2010 Favourites: Alexander Wang

For a few days I have been trying to decipher my exact feelings towards Alexander Wang's Fall 2010 collection. At first I wasn't really sold on it and questioned where Wang circa 2008, the Wang I had fallen head over heels in love with, had gone. But, after watching an actual video of the show I have to admit that I have grown to love bits and pieces of this collection quite intensely . It's interesting how this video has completely altered my thoughts entirely. Seeing the models walk in the clothes definitely brings each look more "to life" than a still photograph. The photograph's I had seen of the clothes really just didn't do them any justice. Also, after watching this video three or four times, I realised that this is what I'd probably best call a "pull-a-part" collection; Pull-a-part meaning that you could pull apart each look and find something that you could would wear and make your own. Keeping this in mind, watch the video and I think you will see what I mean. Enjoy!





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Source: Youtube & Style.com

2 comments:

  1. i am absolutely in love, i just watched this over and over and i love it even more now haha. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another amazing video on style.com where he explains his inspiration. I think watching that will make you love it even more. I may actually post the video but here's the link:

    http://www.style.com/fashionshows/video/F2010RTW-AWANG

    ReplyDelete