07 April, 2011

Ellery

One word. Wow. Say hello to Ellery's new and refined punk rock chick. I'm even getting this bizarre surfer-chick vibe with all those sandy, golden colors and those heavily bronzed cheeks. Believe it or not, the first thing I thought when I saw this collection was how much I could envision Gwen Stefani, circa 1994, rocking out in one of those sparkly gold or leopard print midriffs. Maybe even Geri Halliwell of the Spice Girls? I distinctly remember her being a fan of the red sparkly midriffs. Or, so she wore on my Spice Girls Barbie back in the day. But, 90's icon's aside, this collection by Kym Ellery is one of my favourite yet. Of course, everyone loved that floor length sequin number from last season despite that, in truth, you'd struggle to find an occasion to wear something that precious. This collection seems to have to have a more wearable, or even more sophisticated feel to it, despite remaining true to all of the key Ellery signatures including strong, structured shoulders, metallics and the now, more narrow legged, flares. One of my favorite pieces is the bronze dress to the right of the second picture. I love the contrast between the metallic and the softer, creamier, tan belt. And despite not being much of a fan of flares personally, I'm more than strung out over the metallic pair in the fourth picture. Paired with that white shirt, the whole outfit feels like something you'd wear on an exotic beach holiday. Although, at the same time, I don't think I'd have the courage to tread those pants through the wet sand...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Source: Oyster Mag.

No comments:

Post a Comment