03 March, 2011

Fall 2011: 3.1 Phillip Lim

Apologies for the short term hiatus! Getting back to reality after three months of holidays has kept me occupied this week. I also had a bit of a debacle with Photobucket last week and have now found myself (due to my excessive usage) a paying customer. Not that I mind doing that at all but I couldn't help but wonder if exceeding 1500 uploads a month was a sign that I was spending far too much time on the Internet. Or, on blogger at least. However, all of that aside! I've been meaning to post this since early last week and can now finally do so! Phillip Lim's Spring collection last season was undoubtably one of my favorites in a long, long time. And despite receiving a few negative reviews, I was quietly fond of his latest fall collection too. I particularly liked the way the color palette changed drastically, yet perfectly, from tan and royal blues, to black, to milky nudes and then onto rich emerald greens. The emphasis on tailored pants and jackets in addition to layering and leather sleeve detailing on tops and dresses perfectly communicated Lim's key theme - 'biker chic' - in a highly functional, yet still stylish, manner. My favorite individual piece however, is definitely the floor length black silk dress with long leather sleeves. It's the perfect dress for any formal occasions in the winter chill!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Source: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment