10 February, 2011

Bingles Back

Oyster Mag
Issue #91

Amongst all of her media controversy in the recent months passed (just Google 'Lara Bingle and Brendan Fevola' if you're in need of a catch up), I had almost forgotten that Lara Bingle is actually a model. I don't think I can think of one occasion where I have seen her in a magazine that I read so, I was quite taken back by her latest cover and editorial - yes, cover AND editorial - for Issue 91 of Oyster. It would almost be crude of me to not give her some credit for this editorial which is surprisingly fresh and well, I like it. Although, I couldn't help but notice that Bingle, upon first thought, doesn't really fit the Oyster mould. Despite being a face that you would see in other Australian publications such as Vogue and Harpers Bazaar, I hardly see Bingle as - kill me for using this word - 'alternative'. Put simply, Oyster is a far more independent and artistic magazine than those of which you would probably see Bingle in. And even then, you'd probably see her in the social pages even, rather than an editorial but still equally as likely to be wearing that new season, patent Burberry biker. At the same time however, the sense is there. Or, in the changes of editors at Oyster this month. As Bingle takes her stand and makes a comeback, Oyster welcomes a new editorial director, Alice Cavanagh. Cavanagh's resume? Vogue, Russh, Harper’s Bazaar Australia, Yen and Nylon, just to name a few. With that in mind, I'm highly anticipating seeing this whole issue which is out this Friday, February the 11th!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Source: Pedestrian via Oyster

1 comment: