15 September, 2010

New York Spring Fashion Week 2011: Thakoon

Thakoon isn't a designer I have really posted much, if at all, in the past. Although, I really liked some of the pieces in his Spring collection this year. Despite that he, like Wang, has placed a heavy emphasis on the use of white, he feels to have done so in an entirely different, yet perhaps more balanced, way. For one bizarre reason or another, the first word that comes to mind when I look at this collection is 'fresh'. It really does have this visibly 'spring' feel about it. Maybe even more so than any of the other collections I have looked at. Favorites include the jacket in the first look, which kind of reminds me of a bomber cross blazer in this sporty way, as well as the nude colored dress in the last.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Source: fashion Gone Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment