13 September, 2010

New York Spring Fashion Week 2011: Rag & Bone

I love the way that New York Spring Fashion Week oh so conveniently coincides with the beginning of Melbourne's Spring season. Whilst sitting in the sun attempting to soak up the spring rays (yes - I am that keen), there's really no better time other than the present to be eyeing off all of the new colorful collections for Spring 2011. I am in heaven sitting here with what is likely to be a very 'sun kissed' chest in the hours to come, whilst lurking Style.com and eating home made fruit salad with mango gelato. And this so called 'heaven' feels even more heavenly whilst lusting over the latest Rag & Bone collection. I know that I am ridiculously bias to Rag & Bone (just like I am with Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang and Proenza Schouler), so I went to the extent of reading the show's review on Style.com because I am that much of a sucker for the Rag & Bone aesthetic that I would probably love anything the duo produced...or close there to. I really like the two looks in the second and third pictures, particularly the looks in the first picture. I like that they have stuck to their traditional layering style but have transformed it to suit the Spring season. I also love that dress worn by Bambi in the second picture because it looks so summery and reminds me of a tropical island. All the bright colors are quite feminine yet the integration of black throughout the print gives the feminine feel a harder 'edge' as the duo describes in the video above. Although, I definitely like the dress it without the bondage like bra. You would have to be pretty ballsy to walk around in one of those bondage bra's with nothing under it as styled in some of the other looks. But clothes aside, the shoes look really cool and practical as always. As do the layered bracelets that weigh down the model's little wrists. The glowing tanned skin is something I quietly envy too!



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Source: Fashion Gone Rogue, Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment