13 October, 2009

Minimal Michael

I love Michael Kors. Something about him just really appeals to me. Maybe it's our shared love for trashy tabloids or the way he says exactly what he is thinking. Whatever it is, I've always had a soft spot for him. Surprisingly enough he's not really a designer I see on a lot of blogs. In fact, I don't think I can recall ever seeing any of his designs on the blogs I follow. However, when it comes to understanding what women want, he is the master. I love the way he has taken the cut out trend and made it look so feminine and refined. The whole collection seems very clean cut yet you can still feel that alternative edge. I must admit that until I saw this collection I was getting over the cut out trend. Too many labels have ruined it for me by copying the likes of Herve Leger and Preen. I guess I felt like the trend had been cheapened to some extent. But now Kors has provided me with a glimpse of hope. His minimal, pastel designs with simple slits are perfect in every way, shape and form.




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Source: Style.com & Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment