12 October, 2009

Alexander McQueen Spring 2010

For the past few days I have pondered what exactly to write about Alexander McQueen's Spring 2010 collection. Of course, it goes without saying that the reptile digital prints perfectly integrated into McQueen's signature cuts are breathtaking in their own right. I can only dream about wearing one of them to any formal occasion. However, I think that the real shock came with the shoes. The moment I lowered my eyes to the models feet, I began to feel a burning sensation circulating around my ankles. Even just thinking about them now makes my feet and lower-back ache. It might just be me – but I can’t look past the pain factor that would be encountered when wearing those shoes. They looked incredibly painful on the models as they walked down the catwalk even though their facial expressions and perfectly mastered strides would suggest otherwise. As an art form they are brilliant and top off the whole 'look' that McQueen aims to project. They are rule-breaking but very distant from reality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Source: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment